Friday, May 25, 2012

Back at it

I used to blog. I blogged a lot. Then I got sick of it so I stopped.

Now I'm back! After a few years hiatus, I've decided to start peddling my work again. My writing. Way back when, some ten years ago, I wrote a novel. I started pitching that novel. I found an agent for that novel. Then nada. He couldn't sell it, so we parted ways. Undeterred, I wrote another one...but nobody wanted it. *sigh* So I took a break from fiction. I started a blog. And then I wrote columns and did reporting for a couple hockey webzines. It was a pretty cool experience--sitting in the press box for games, interviewing sweaty half-naked men...*ahem*...I felt like a true professional. But the pay was crap for all the work I did, and when my personal life went to shit, I found it wasn't enough to pay the bills. So I gave it up. That was the old me.

ANYWAY! I've written yet another novel--the first in a three book series--and I'm ready to give it the old college try. Maybe this time somebody will like me! Maybe I'm just wasting my time? Who knows. In the end, it doesn't matter, because I'm going to try anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment