Sunday, February 16, 2014

Couch Sitting

So in anticipation of the next new Walking Dead episode...

I was super psyched for the second half of this season to resume. When I sat down to watch last week, I was a little underwhelmed. I mean, there was this HUGE event at the midseason finale. We knew the characters would need to leave the relative safety of the prison and journey back out into the world--basically knocked back to where they were in the beginning. But...I dunno. While it wasn't necessarily bad, I found myself annoyed at times. This episode focused mostly on Rick and Carl (interspersed with Michonne and her flashbacks), presumably right after they left the prison. They were separated from everyone else, so there's no sense of who really made it and who didn't. Rick was still badly injured, and they were looking for food and a safe place to stay. And Carl? I wanted to smack him. He had REALLY bad timing with trying to rebel. I get that he was angry with his father...but really? So in a nutshell, this episode was mostly character building with not a lot else going on, and while I didn't hate it, I just wasn't feeling it either. Am I the only one who thought this??

No comments:

Post a Comment